Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tenses.

1. If you had lifted that wasp alone It (not sting) you. Would not have stung

2. If I (realize) what a bad driver you were I wouldn't have come with you.had realized

3. If I had realized that the traffic lights were red I (stop). would have stopped

4. If it hadn't been for the fog, we (reach) our destination ages ago.would have reached

5. If you had told me that he never paid his debts, I (not lend) him the money. would not have lent

6. If you (not sneeze), he wouldn't have known that we were there.hadn't sneezed

7. If you (put) some mustard in the sandwiches, they would have tasted better. had put

8. The hens (not get) into the house, if you had shut the door. wouldn't have got

9. If he had known that the river was dangerous, he (not try) to swim across it. wouldn't have tried

10. If you (speak) more slowly, he might have understood. had spoken

11. If he had known the whole story, he (not be) so angry. wouldn't have been

12. I shouldn't have eaten it if (know) that there was ginger in it. had known

13. If I (try) again I think that I would have succeeded. had tried

14. You (not get) into trouble if you had obeyed my instructions.wouldn't have got

15. If you hadn't been in such a hurry, you (not put) sugar into the sauce instead of salt. wouldn't have put

16. If I (be) ready when he called, he would have taken me with him. had been

17. She had a headache; otherwise, she (come) with us. would have come

18. If she had listened to my directions, she (not turn) down the wrong street. wouldn't have turned

19. If you (look) at the engine for a moment, you would have seen what was missing. had looked

20. Rome (be captured) by her enemies if the geese hadn't cackled.would have been captured

21. He would have been arrested if he (try) to leave the country. had tried

22. 1 (take) a taxi if I had realized that it was such a long way. would have taken

23. You (save) me a lot of trouble If you had told me where you were going. would have saved

24. They would have forced their way into the house if I (not call) for help. hadn't called

25. If he had put his pipe before putting it in his pocket, he (not burn) a hole in his coat. wouldn't have burnt

26. If you put on the kettle, I (make) the tea.

27. If you give my dog a bone, he (bury) it at once.

28. If we leave the car here, it (not be) in anybody's way.  won't be

29. He'll be late for the train if he (not start) at once. doesn't start

30. If you come late, they (not let) you in. won't let

31. If he (go) on telling lies, nobody will believe a word he says. goes

32. Unless he (sell) more, he won't get much commission. sells

33. If I lend you $10 when you (repay) me? will you repay

34. We'll have to move upstairs if the river (rise) any higher. rises

35. If he (work) hard today, can he have a holiday tomorrow? works

36. I (buy) share in that company if had some money. bought

37. If he (clean) his windscreen he'd be able to see where he was going.cleaned

38. If you drove your car into the river you (be able) to get out? would

39. If you (not belong) to a union you couldn't get a job. didn't belong

40. What you (do) if you found a burglar in your house? would you do

41. If everybody (give) $1 we would have enough. gave

42. He might get fat if he (stop) smoking. stopped

43. If he knew that it was dangerous, he (not come). wouldn't come

44. If you (see) someone drowning what would you do? saw

45. I (be) ruined if I bought her everything she asked for. would be

46. If you slept under a mosquito net you (not be) bitten so often.wouldn't be

47. I could get a job easily if I (have) a degree. had

48. If she (do) her hair differently, she might look quite nice. did

49. If we had more rain our crops (grow) faster. would grow

50. The whole machine would fall to pieces if you (remove) that screw.removed

51. I (keep) a horse if I could afford it. would keep

52. I'd go and see him more often if he (live) on a bus route. lived

53. What would you do if the lift (get) stuck between two floors? got

54. If you (change) your job, would it affect your pension? changed

55. If you knew you had only six weeks to live how you (spend) those six weeks? would spend

56. You wouldn't have so much trouble with your car if you (have) it serviced regularly. had

57. I'd climb over the wall if there (not be) so much broken glass on top of it. wasn't

58. If I had known that you were in hospital I (visit) you. would have visited

59. The ground was very soft. But for that, my horse (win). had won

60. If you (arrive) ten minutes earlier you would have got a seat. had arrived

61. You would have seen my garden at its best if you (be) here last week.had been

62. If you (speak) more slowly he might have understood you. had spoken

63. If he had known the whole story, he (not be) so angry. wouldn't have been

64. I shouldn't have eaten it if I (know) that there was ginger in it.had known

65. You (not get) into trouble if you had obeyed my instructions.wouldn't have got

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If I had worked harder, I would have passed the exam.

If I had known you were coming, Iwould have baked a cake

would have been happy if you had called me on my birthday.

If I had worked harder, I might havepassed the exam.

You could have been on time if youhad caught the bus.

If he called you, you could go.

If you bought my school supplies for me, I might be able to go to the park.

If I had known you were in hospital, I would have visited you.

I would have bought you a present ifI had known it was your birthday.

If you had given me your e-mail, I would have written to you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tenses.

1 If I had known that you were in hospital I (visit) you. would have visited
2 The ground was very soft. But for that, my horse (win). had won

3 If you (arrive) ten minutes earlier you would have got a seat. had arrived
4 You would have seen my garden at its best if you (be) here last week.had been
5 But for his quickness I (be) killed.had been
6 I shouldn't have believed it if I (not see) it with my own eyes. had not seen
7 If he had slipped, he (fall) 500 metres. would have fallen
8 If he had asked you, you (accept)?would you have accepted
9 If I (had) a map I would have been all right. had had
10 If I (know) that you were coming I'd have baked a cake. had known
11 I (offer) to help him if I had realized that he was ill. would have offered
12 If you had left that wasp alone it (not sting) you. would not have stung
13 If I (realize) what a bad driver you were I wouldn't have come with you.had realized
14 If I had realized that the traffic lights were red I (stop). would have stopped
15 But for the fog we (reach) our destination ages ago. had reached
16 If you had told me that he never paid his debts I (not lend) him the money. would not have lent
17 If you (not sneeze) he wouldn't have known that we were there. had not sneezed
18 If you (put) some mustard in the sandwiches they would have tasted better.  had put.
19 The hens (not get) into the house if you had shut the door. would not have gotten
20 If he had known that the river was dangerous, he (not try) to swim across it. would not have tried
21 If you (speak) more slowly he might have understood you. had spoken
22 If he had known the whole story, he (not be) so angry. would not have been
23 I shouldn't have eaten it if I (know) that there was ginger in it.had known
24 If I (try) again I think that I would have succeeded. had tried
25 You (not get) into trouble if you had obeyed my instructions. would not have gotten
26 If you hadn't been in such a hurry you (not put) sugar into the sauce instead of salt. would not have put
27 If I (be) ready when he called, he would have taken me with him.  had been
28 She had a headache; otherwise, she (come) with us. would have come
29 If she had listened to my directions, she (not turn) down the wrong street. would not have turned
30 If you (look) at the engine for a moment you would have seen what was missing. had looked
31 Rome (be captured) by her enemies if the geese hadn't cackled.would have been captured
32 He would have been arrested if he (try) to leave the country. had tried
33 I (take) a taxi if I had realized that it was such a long way. would have taken
34 You (save) me a lot of trouble if you had told me where you were going.  would have saved.